Ain't I a Woman

Ain't I a Woman
Pearl of Great Price

Friday

Inquiring minds want to know...

Some people have asked hoe I made this little origami dog card.  So, here is a tutorial.  I hope this helps and that you try this project.  It is really fun!  For the original post please see: http://parablesproductions.blogspot.com/2011/03/rak-for-neighborhood-kids.html
                                                                                                                                                                             


Start with a 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of card stock or paper.  This works great with pp paper that has Dalmatian spots all over it.  I even used camouflage pp for my  friend in the military.  Fold top right corner to left side of paper to form a triangle like shown. 
Cut off bottom edge.  You can also start with a square of paper 8 1/2" x 8 1/2".  (BTW this scrap cut in half makes two 2 1/8" note cards-small, but a great size to include with swap items)
Fold down right and left points to form the ears.  I just eyeball where I want the ears to fall.  I leave about 3/4" at the top of the dog's head between the two folds (ears).
 Decorate.  Use googly eyes, markers, crayons paper, pom poms etc.

You can write messages under the ear flaps, draw games, use stickers etc.

The paper is doubled and forms a make shift mouth/ pouch.  You can fill this with small items such as candy, confetti, stickers etc.   I used silly bands. 






A 6" x 9" envelope works for mailing.  The back can be decorated also.  I usually write a message there.  This project works great not only for kids to receive, but also for kids to make.  I have also sent this origami dog to my adult dog lover friends with a tea bag or some other little trinket.

Thanks for looking and all the comments of encouragement.

1 comment:

  1. This is really sweet Tina! Thanks very much for the instructions! Have a wonderful weekend! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, it will be posted after comment moderation.

Related Posts with Thumbnails