Ain't I a Woman

Ain't I a Woman
Pearl of Great Price

Wednesday

Body Love Collage

This is an exercise in exploring using words in art.  Many of you know that I am on a weight loss journey and as I shed much emotional and psychological weight I realize that, for me, a part of the foundation has to be love...self love, God love, love of God and yes...BODY LOVE.  I am thinking on lovely things:  one: that I can NOT live by bread alone; two: my admonishment to love my neighbor as MYSELF.  So the word that is proceeding out of my mouth...is the positive affirmation expressed in this collage.  Wish me well as I continue the process of learning how to hug myself.

Materials: magazine cutouts (ironically and purposefully the bg is pics of food)
tissue paper
white out
water color pencil
heart confetti
mat board
sharpie marker

This project was also used:
artfulweightloss FB page
Leftover challenge on SOC .ning site

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you come again soon.

8 comments:

  1. This is awesome! You are always SO creative and fun with your crafting. Thanks for sharing this with us in Challenge #42 at Word Art Wednesday, and for visiting others blogs to comment. You are SUCH a tremendous blessing to me.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fabulous collage, my friend! It certainly sounds like you're headed down the right path...it may be a bumpy path at times...but it's still the right one! Also, you always have the assurance that you never travel any path alone! Lots of hugs to you from me! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great.I love it.Even if you had not explained it ,the message is pretty clear.Would love to see more collages in the future.Best of luck for the weight loss journey.I am trying to do the same.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of the smash books that are so popular now -- my daughter and I are wanting to start one sometime soon!
    (Shoregirl - Guest Designer at Word Art Wednesday for the month of August)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love the strength and emotion in your collage. As a father of two teenage girls and an educator, I can relate to the subject. I was also a teenager many years ago and struggled with similar issues, I am so glad you've accepted God in your life to help you through your weight loss journey. Just remember that His love is unconditional. May the Lord give you the strength, courage and wisdom to achieve all your goals. Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous collage and so inspirational for a weight loss journey. I've been down that path many, many times and I've learned to embrace all the stops along the way. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this collage. Love all the cut out words and how it's placed on your page.

    Thanks so much for sharing your art with us on WAW.

    Have a blessed day!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, it will be posted after comment moderation.

Related Posts with Thumbnails