Ain't I a Woman

Ain't I a Woman
Pearl of Great Price

Wednesday

Cards for Flower Card Swap

The guidelines for this swap were to make a card using flowers and no sentiment.  Here is my take on the idea:
This is a window card.  The flower was a akin to the old school pom pom like flower.  I remember when I was younger wrapping yarn around my fingers, tying the yarn in the middle, and then cutting the loops.  It is fun to use old crafts in a new way.

Materials:
yarn/fiber from stash
black card forms
ribbon from stash
Scallop Nestability
colorbox chalk ink
brads
inksentials white pen







We could put a sentiment on the inside.  I stamped "A flower touches everyone's heart..." Georgia O'keefe  Then I tried to emboss the stamp with white embossing powder...yeah uhhh DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT try to wet emboss in humid weather.  Embossing powder stuck everywhere and yes, I did use a dryer sheet/embossing buddy.  Thankfully there are no mistakes in scrapbooking (hahahaha)...I turned the card inside out and drew a circle around the sentiment and colored it in with a white water color crayon.  So now the sentiment is on the back of the card. (LOL)  I still think it looks crazy, but I am sending the cards anyway.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, it will be posted after comment moderation.

Related Posts with Thumbnails